Well, color me falsely modest, friends…I’ve won an award.
As is the common protocol with this kind of award, there are a few rules that I must follow in order to properly accept it. I am to thank the giver(s) of the award, share seven things about myself here on today’s post, and then pass the award along to 15 or less fellow bloggers.
Thanks, bloggers! (check)
And now, without further ado, I humbly present:
7 Random Things About The Desperate Housemommy
1. I love, love, love words. Hence the blogging thing.
However.I despise, despise, despise a chosen few words with a fiery, white-hot passion.
My number one irksome word?
Amazing – For the simple reason that it is grossly overused. Once upon a time, this word indicated exceptionality of magical proportions (e.g. – The magician executed an amazing disappearing act.) Sadly, it is now thrown about like a cheap Frisbee and, to my ears, has become a weak substitution for “nifty.”
Also? I it irks me the way the second “a” gets all drawn out. (e.g. “OMG!! Brianna!!!!! I just found the mostamaaaaaazing shade of fuchsia lipstick!!!!!” or “Duuuude. Justin Bieber put on an amaaaaaaazing show last night. I’m gonna go bid on his hair on Ebay now, yo.”
**The first runner up – In the case that “amazing” is unable to fulfill its duties as worst word ever – is “moist.” Just say the word once while conjuring up a moist visual, and I think you’ll see it my way.
2. I have school girl-like crushes on several middle-aged male celebrities. My friends think I am insane. I prefer to think that I am able to see beyond outward appearances and appreciate the beauty of the raw talent wielded by some freaky people. At the top of my Middle-Aged Celebrity Crush list? The inimitable Christopher Walken. You may *think* you know him, but you do not until you have viewed the following video. *pitter pat, pitter pat, pitter pat…*
Not to worry, though, friends…After a stint in rehab as well as months and months and months and months and months of rest, I’m back on my treadmill and chomping at the bit to take it outside once again. And I will, provided that Chicago is soon released from the clutches of Old Man Winter.
4. I am fantastically fond of karaoke. Give me a beer, a microphone, and the accompanying music to Guns ‘n Roses’ “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” and there’s NOTHING I can’t do. Think I’m kidding? I present, by way of evidence, my groom and me on Halloween of 2009.
Kindly stop applauding, friends.
2. Clare at It’s All Good in the (Mother) Hood
3. Joey at Big Teeth & Clouds
5. Stephanie at How to Survive Life in the Suburbs
6. Kimberly at All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something SomethingYou’re welcome, ladies. And have a most excellent weekend.